Monday, April 9, 2012

Gateway...foods?

I just came across this article and it's actually something I have noticed with myself for some time now.  If I want to lose there are certain foods I just have to stay away from because once I eat some it's like I just totally lose control!

I also have to watch out for certain times of day.  Mornings are easy for me.  Generally speaking I eat pretty much the same thing almost everyday--my own version of muesli with yogurt, milk, and fruit.  Water.  Supplements.  That's it.  I rarely eat anything between breakfast and lunch and I don't even think about it.  For lunch it's often leftovers and often too big a portion of leftovers.  But sometime between lunch and dinner the cravings begin.  I usually try to have a piece of fruit midway through the afternoon, but what I really want is junk--something--anything!  Any cookies around?  Candy?  Chocolate chips?  And if it's something that I can eat piece by piece like chips or m&ms I will eat until it's gone.  It's like I can not stop.  Whatever.

So I know I have to find a way to keep myself busy (ie., out of harm's way) during my dangerous parts of the day AND avoid those gateway dr...ah...foods.  Like the plague.

1 comment:

  1. Afternoons are hard for me too. Usually in the mornings I'm so busy trying to keep the kids busy I don't notice whether I have cravings or not.

    ReplyDelete