Wednesday, January 18, 2012

UGH

Bob, I haven't actually ever done Atkins, but I think this is along those lines, yes.  The more intense the workout, the more carbs you get to add back in.

I did the workout one day, and it's pretty intense.  I felt great afterwards, and sore the next day, lol.

I'm having a difficult time eating what I need to, though, which makes things more difficult.  It's not that I don't want to, but my throat isn't healing as quickly as I'd like.  Drinking straight water feels like I'm drinking a cup of salt water, it hurts so bad.  Soda (non-caffeinated) has been easier to down, but I need to get some soda water cuz I don't like the sugar, and it's probably not helping the healing process.  And the only solid I've been able to eat relatively easily is ice cream.  Veggies are too painful, of course.  They taste good, they just hurt. 

I'm back over the 200 mark.  :( 

I'm not too discouraged.  I'm looking at this for what it is--an illness, and once I've kicked it, I'm getting back on track. 

I just wish I was better already!!!

2 comments:

  1. well, don't get discouraged. i think that's the biggest pitfall to weight loss, thinking that just because you went up a little means you'll never go down again. just think ahead and how grateful you'll be this summer when you have really stuck with it and you're looking and feeling great! good luck and keep up with the posts, they're really helpful and encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely try sticking with just water--or herbal tea if it feels better. It will definitely heal faster than if you're drinking anything else. That sucks about the cold though. If you're looking for something that goes down like ice cream but doesn't have the dairy (which can prolong a cold) is sorbet. I'm actually not a huge fan of sorbet myself, but in instances like this it is nice to have on hand.

    Of course, that's all IF you're looking for my opinion--and who isn't? ;)

    ReplyDelete