Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year, New Start?

Hello!  It seems with the holiday season, I kinda gave up on losing any weight or getting in shape.  Thankfully, I didn't GAIN any weight, so I'm not starting OVER, just starting ANEW.  :)

I've been thinking about trying out the P.I.N.K method; saw it on Dr. Phil, and it looks more in depth than W.W.  I did W.W. after having Aidan, my 4 year old, and it worked great, I lost weight like crazy, but I'm thinking it was only because I was working on the ramp at the airport and not counting that as excersize.  Because when I was working at a desk after having Asher, it did NOTHING for me.  But they don't really place an emphasis on exercise, just watching what you eat. 

I need motivation to exercise.  Watching what I eat has helped me maintain, but I want to LOSE.  I don't know if this will work for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  It's cheaper overall than a gym membership, and easier--I don't have to lug my kids anywhere or find someone to watch them so I can hit the gym.

Also, it's come to my attention that I need a dream.  I was reading a friend's blog, and she was talking about how she's kinda stalled out lately--she's living her dream from when she was young, and has realized that she needs a new dream.  And it occurred to me that I'm in the same boat.  I have a loving husband, 2 wonderful children, a home in which to raise my family, great neighbors, and a church family that I love.  My health isn't as tip-top as I would like.  I'm still hovering around 204 lbs.  Which doesn't look HORRIBLE on my 5 foot 9 inch frame, but it's not flattering.  I look at pictures of myself when I was in Maine, how I thought then that I was heavy, and WISH I was back at that weight.

Just "losing weight" isn't working for me, though.  I need something more...concrete.  I think I need to commit to running a 5k or something similar, though I'm not going to commit to that just yet.  Maybe I commit to committing to running a 5k?  :)

One thing I need to do is commit to writing on here more.  Maybe once a week?  Because just writing this post is motivating me.

2 comments:

  1. i always thought that a blessing to being heavy was that once i got thin i'd really be able to enjoy it like i never did before. before i took my weight for granted and always wished i was thinner or more toned or SOMETHING. anyways, that's awesome, please do keep updating because i've never heard of the pink method before and would really like to know what is involved and how it works for you. happy new year and good luck to a new you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the PINK method either. Glad you found something you think will work for you. The dream idea too--amen.

    ReplyDelete