Thursday, June 2, 2011

Post-Atkins

What?!!!  POST-Atkins?  How can that be?

I know, I know.  But here's the thing: I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THAT!!!  Atkins may be the final solution for oh so many, but not for me.  So, I've gone back to "The-John-Alexa-No-Fail-Get-Control-Of-Yourself-Diet" which has one hard and fast rule that is incredibly easy to remember (though sometimes tempting to ignore):

The-John-Alexa-No-Fail-Get-Control-Of-Yourself-Diet
1. Don't eat so much. Duh.

It's working.  And the good thing is that I know that I CAN live like this even after I've lost what I need to lose.  And I feel good--no "Atkins Flu".  And, best of all, slowly but surely the scale is going down.   I've almost lost those 6 pounds that found me hiding behind Atkins.... ;)

4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, did he really follow this rule, or do you and Dad just describe everything that's simple and straightforward as being "John Alexa"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever my father wanted to lose weight he would just cut back on the amount he ate and that would be it. No fancy diet, no whining, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome advice. It is crazy how we complicate things sometimes.

    Janel

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, peanut butter! ~bob

    ReplyDelete