Monday, May 16, 2011

The Atkins Maze

I just registered on the Atkins site today and although they have a lot of information and tools, I am feeling a little overwhelmed.  What keeps me going is that 1) Atkins has been around so long and has had so many fans that I figure if they can figure it out, so can I; and 2) Janel has been successful with Atkins before, so she knows what she's doing even if I don't.

I started out by using the tool to calculate my BMI and the site recommended that I start with the "OWL" (Ongoing Weight Loss) which is phase 2, but I'm starting with phase 1.  Phase 1, which is called "Induction" is only for 2 weeks and I think I can handle it--in fact, I think I need it to give me a kick start!  I also printed out their list of foods I can eat in this phase and have it stuck on my fridge.  No more than 20 net carbs in this part and 12-15 of those have to be "foundation vegetables"--pretty much salad veggies.

Anyway, I'm off and running.  I hope. :)

2 comments: